- Thailand: Cooperation Nabs Drug Smugglers
- Nepal: Satellite Tracks Snow Leopards
- Antarctica: Diamonds on Ice
- Evaporating Chinese Lake Reveals Ancient Stone Bridge
- Salvadoran Fisherman Survives Yearlong Drift In Pacific
A major Chinese operation to reclaim land on at least five reefs of the Spratly archipelago is threatening to derail weeks of efforts by Beijing and Hanoi to soothe bilateral ties since China’s removal of its HYSY 981 oil rig from a disputed portion of the South China Sea.