- Thailand: Cooperation Nabs Drug Smugglers
- Nepal: Satellite Tracks Snow Leopards
- Antarctica: Diamonds on Ice
- Evaporating Chinese Lake Reveals Ancient Stone Bridge
- Salvadoran Fisherman Survives Yearlong Drift In Pacific
Japan has the resources and industry to supply weapons to regional nations such as the Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam as they face Chinese encroachment in the South China Sea. However, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is torn between providing them and avoiding angering Beijing.